To Thine Own Self Be Tru: @TruMeals with #jumpstart2012
I burn everything. Either it’s burned, or soggy, or whatever adjective is opposite of what the food is supposed to be. I’ve struggled with cooking. Having a very busy life, and spending most of it single, cooking never came naturally (or necessary) for me.
I’ve attributed my lack of cooking to probably 80% of my weight gain over the past few years. Fast food options, eating out, parties and events have all been staples in my eating habits. It’s something I always knew I’d have to face, and I’m happy to have finally found a transition that has helped me get into healthier habits.
For the past 3 weeks, I’ve been (mostly only) eating TruMeals pre-prepared foods (2 locations in Houston). I have tried MANY of the pre-prepared meal companies in Houston (My Fit Foods, Real Meals, Smart Meals, etc.) and I have to say that by FAR TruMeals is the best TASTING meals I have had. Steven will explain in the video the nutritional value, but all that matters to me really is the taste. No matter how healthy it is, if it doesn’t taste good, I won’t get into the habit of eating it.
If you haven’t heard, I’ve lost SEVEN pounds in 3 weeks, simply by eating TruMeals, working with my awesome nutritionist Elana and amazing trainer Bella from Bella Body Fit. (I’ll be posting a detailed schedule soon!). I can’t tell you how easy it’s been, after getting used to the routine. Seriously, y’all, if my fat, busy ass can do this, ANYONE can.
I should note that I know that it’s unrealistic for someone to purchase 5 meals a day, and eat those meals solely forever. I’m committed to weight loss for 6 weeks therefore I’ll be mostly eating only TruMeals through the end of the year. However, as part of my continued healthy living, I will eventually be working in to the mix meals that I can cook at home, and keep TruMeals a supplement to my busy life on the go.
A few things that I really love about TruMeals, and what I feel makes them different from the other options:
- It just TASTES fresher – A lot of the time when I go into the store I see the chef preparing fresh sushi and setting it out to eat. He always lets me try some, and I usually end up eating that for my next meal!
- Portion Sizes – instead of a teeny, tiny portion size, TruMeals offers a small, and a medium size meal, both of which have plenty to fill me up. (I buy the small size).
- Variety – The first time I went into TruMeals and loaded up for the next few days, I returned looking for my favorite items. Some were there, some were not. I was bummed at first, then realized that there were new favorites to be made! Now when I go, I look forward to trying new things, and they are always good.
The folks at TruMeals have been generous enough to extend an offer to anyone who wants to try out TruMeals. Come in on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday through the end of the year and receive 15% off your entire order. You can use this deal as many times as you want through the end of the year on a weekend. Just make sure and mention JUMPSTART.
I truly hope you give them a try. Hell, I’ll even meet you there and walk you through my favorite meals! Seriously, let me know and I’ll be there!
I should also note that TruMeals has NOT paid me for my endorsement. I selected them based on recommendations and they have agreed to provide me with meals throughout my 6 week program.
Got anything to say? Go ahead and leave a comment!
put a bird on it
- thegoodolboy: Oh em gee. It’s one of Nels Cline’s guitars. Last...
- Because, yeah, it’s been TWENTY YEARS. thanks for the...
- Setlist for tonight’s @thecivilwars show (Taken with...
- fromme-toyou: The kettle can wait… This couple sells jewels...
- Panelists Lynn Wyatt, @chloedao, Luis Soto, Jay Marroquin after...