My Morning Jacket in NYC: Night 1 of 5
I couldn’t find my face this morning.
It was rocked off at last night’s My Morning Jacket show at Terminal 5 in New York City.
I’m here witnessing this epic run of shows as they play each of their 5 full length albums, 5 nights in a row at Terminal 5.
I say epic, because that’s exactly what it is. I still can’t find my face.
Last night was the first night, their first album, The Tennessee Fire, recorded in 1999. As promised, each track was played from first to last. Jim James was visibly giddy, as he thanked the crowd for joining them on this journey. “Some of these songs have never been played live before.” Whoa.
…and a video of one of the SEVEN encore songs they did, Rod Stewart’s Hot Legs; among Elton John’s Rocket Man, Erykah Badu’s Call Tyrone, and Jefferson Airplane’s White Rabbit.
Full Set list here:
Next up tonight: At Dawn
1 Comment + Add Comment
Got anything to say? Go ahead and leave a comment!
put a bird on it
- thegoodolboy: Oh em gee. It’s one of Nels Cline’s guitars. Last...
- Because, yeah, it’s been TWENTY YEARS. thanks for the...
- Setlist for tonight’s @thecivilwars show (Taken with...
- fromme-toyou: The kettle can wait… This couple sells jewels...
- Panelists Lynn Wyatt, @chloedao, Luis Soto, Jay Marroquin after...